Re: Petite Mount

----- Original Message -----
From: <guest@endurance.net>

> Susan Johnson SjthePhoto@aol.com
> Hello Ridecampers!  I wanted to get your opinion of my new mount.  I have
her on trail for a week or so and while I have totally connected with her,
I'm concerned about her size.

> This little mare is about 13.2hh, and is about 6 years old, she has grown
about 1 inch in the last yearWe think that she is either POA or Appy and
Arab, probably Egyptian.  Her bone is very fine (cannons are about 7 1/2>
I'm not a top 10 rider, I like to take my time and visit with friends,
usually taking 2/3 of the allotted time to finish.  I am 5'2" and I'm a
featherweight.

> My question to you is this:  Do these fine boned ponies do well in
endurance?

Yes, don't worry, just take your time building her up-If you do light
exericse; good food and care, you will see different horse next year.

My friend had one one these 13.3 hand ponies-part Arab/poa or app.  Had the
best feet the farrier ever saw and had no trouble keeping up with the big
horses.  Surefooted as anything-did some 50 mile rides with no shoes and got
a best condition.  In my opinion. some of these little horse/ponies are
tougher than the bigger horses

Karen