RC: Re: carbs and heart rate

In a message dated 1/14/00 8:47:25 PM Pacific Standard Time,
karen@chaton.gardnerville.nv.us writes:

<< Tammy:  What do you consider 'large amounts'?  (in pounds)

 P.S.  Are the ride results incorrect....I did 1335 miles on Rocky and am
 placed 3 placings ahead of you in mileage for 1999?

Karen,
    Our horse's get about 2lbs grain per day.  They get other stuff, beet
pulp, etc. but as the days & miles go by we increase it from there.  Lets
just say by the 5th day it could be possible that the horses consume about 10
-12lbs of grain in a day.   Since we don't feed a lot of grain on a day to
day feeding program, I think that is a large amount.  Do you?  What do you
do?  How much grain.

Tammy

P.S.  Katie did 120 miles she did in Dec 4th & 5th 1999, but that goes to the
Y2,000 points. 1400 miles was a round figure for the year not the actual
figure.  My placing was not bad this year, I'm happy, because Katie was laid
up for 4 months - July 5 to Nov. 8th 1999.  She had a splint bone removed.
So actually she got her miles (1245) in 8 months of competition for the 1999
points season.  I thought you and Rocky did great!  Sorry you thought I was
trying to brag ahead of you.