RC: Human & Track horse tests

In a message dated 1/13/00 5:36:50 AM Pacific Standard Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

<<  Big meals will elevate heart rate, and maybe by giving carbs, you are
just getting more total calories into the horse.
 Beth Glace, MS CDN
 Sports Nutritionist,Research Assoc.
 Lenox Hill Hospital   NY, NY >>

    I'm not sure this would apply to an animal that is designed to graze 12
hrs a day in ideal conditions.  I believe that humans and horses are very
different in many ways.   I take some of these test done with humans very
lightly because of this.
    I also take some of the test done on track horses very lightly since
their work is total anaerobic and our sport is more on the aerobic side.  I'm
sure some aspects are similar but then that leaves us back to step one on
weeding out what works for the endurance horse with these test.
Tammy Robinson