Rabies/drugs/medicine

Bottom line, IMO, is the damn medical industry.  They make more money that way
and the encourage vets (and doctors) to give MORE inoculations, not less.
AND. MANY of these vaccines are NOT half as effectual as they claim (without
adequate research I may add).

True, dog rabies vaccine is good 3-5 years...the reason you give it once a
year is because MOST states (because of the state veterinarians under
government salary and backed by the medical and drug company through lobbies)
require proof of rabies vaccine yearly for interstate travel.

One BIG reason I like endurance people: Our horses and dogs are healthy and
well cared for.  WE are NOT the ones spreading the diseases...it's the
backyard owner who does not know any better.

I do NOT vaccinate except for necessary paperwork for travel.  I do NOT give
heart worm medicine and only minimal vaccinations to my dogs, cats, horses OR
for myself.  I have not been to a doctor in 20 years and hope to keep it that
way.  I have saved tens of thousands on medical bills and insurance but resort
to reading, thinking and using common sense...seemingly a thing of the past
according not only to recent discussion on ridecamp of rudeness on trails, to
lack of clarity in thought in responses, but to our population in general.

The older I get, the more I want to be a hermit (except for endurance rides,
that is).

God love (and save) MOST of us!!!!

Teddy

--
Teddy Lancaster
American Endurance Ride Conference # 139422

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak;
Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

-- Winston Churchill

Running Bear Farm, Inc.
Your Trail Riding Equipment Headquarters - Celebrating our 20th
Anniversary!!!!
Teddy Lancaster, President
1348 Township Road 256
Kitts Hill, Ohio, 45645 USA  -  http://runningbear.com/
Webmaster for USA East website: http://runningbear.com/ETZ
Moderator for the USA EAST mailing list:
                               http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/USAEAST
1-800-533-2327, FAX: 740-533-0337
Home of Khalarado+/ 1990 IAHA National Endurance Champion
- (1982 Chestnut CMK Stallion)
Supplying the WORLD with quality endurance equipment since 1980