Re: RC: Biltmore syn

I have trailered horses tens of thousands of miles with no special
consideration for "newbies" vs. "old campaigners".  I offer water, most won't
drink the first day.  I hardly ever off-load except at night.  I feed NO
grain and free choice hay, grass when they off-load (if available).  I have
used a straight-load 2 horse, a stock trailer and now use a slant-load.  I
have NEVER had a problem as a result.

Those who knew me when I competed heavily, know I did fairly well.  I must be
doing something right (or maybe I'm just plain lucky?).

In any case, I often trailered my horses..to train, to compete, to play....
what's the secret?  I sure don't know.  The horses that went to Dubai in 1998
had problems and they were seasoned campaigners and travelers....

Sure wish we could get some money for research at rides....

Teddy

--
Teddy Lancaster
American Endurance Ride Conference # 139422

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak;
Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

-- Winston Churchill

Running Bear Farm, Inc.
Your Trail Riding Equipment Headquarters - Celebrating our 20th
Anniversary!!!!
Teddy Lancaster, President
1348 Township Road 256
Kitts Hill, Ohio, 45645 USA  -  http://runningbear.com/
Webmaster for USA East website: http://usa-east.org/
Moderator for the USA EAST mailing list:
                            http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/USAEAST
1-800-533-2327, FAX: 740-533-0337
Home of Khalarado+/ 1990 IAHA National Endurance Champion
- (1982 Chestnut CMK Stallion)
Supplying the WORLD with quality endurance equipment since 1980