RC: The NoSweat Vent pad vs the Ulti-Pad

Barb Peck bpeck@together.net
Barb Peck
bpeck@together.net

I know we've talked about these pads before, but I'd like
input from some other riders that have used them.

I'm "test-riding" both (one of my friends is thinking about
selling the Ulti) under the Skito pads I usually use.

The Ulti produced heat bumps on my mare on rides > 10 miles.
I retired that pad to my saddle rack. The Ulti is made from PVC.
The Vent pad is not PVC.

Yesterday I rode my gelding 10 miles in the Vent pad, under the
Skito pad.  After untacking, and
hosing him down, I ran my hands over his back while he was
wet and I think there were 2 very slightly raised areas that
felt warmer to my hand than the rest of his back. No sorness
or flinching though.
It was VERY subtle, so I'm starting to question whether they were there at all.

Has anyone used the Vent Pad and experienced this?

(I rode on a dirt road closed to traffic because of flooding
and it was great not to meet ANY cars at all.)

Thanks,
Barb