Re: RC: bits / gimmicks

I used a Dr. Bristol before and liked how it worked, no ouchy on the roof of
the mouth. Is the French snaffle action about the same? Just curious...
I have ridden 2 horses endurance. The one can be very hot at the start and
will grab a bit, so I use a hackamore, long shanked but with a flat nose. The
other guy is in a mullen pelham, short shanked, and should eventually go in a
snaffle given mileage. I don't use martingales, cavessons/nosebands or crops.
 I do lead my stallion with a stud chain but consider this a training
problem. The opinion on the long shanked hacks doesn't seem favorable, I am
not heavy handed or use my hands for balance, the horse just really rips my
arms out with other bits, comments please.

                                     Shelly in DE