Re: Shock Tamers & Silacone???

  My question is......Has anyone had problems using these
> pads?  Do you use silacone or oakum?  I've used regular black pads

I don't know if it was a fluke, or what, but I used Shock Tamers on Ol'
Bubba for the first time on the Chicken Chase a few weeks ago.  We had been
fighting an off and on lameness in one front leg for over a year. I had been
pre-loading him with a glucosamine product for a couple of weeks, and he
wore his sports medicine boots, but nothing else to mention as far as
preventative stuff.

Any way, he did great!! Flew through the ride--okay, only 25 miles, but
hey!!--still a little off, but no more than when we started!!

Now, I used the open sole kind of pad, so maybe that made a difference. I
had always used silicone packed frog pads before.
Don't know if this will help, but I nothing but praise for Shock Tamers.

Maggie Fleming
Bubba--my feet feel sooo good!