Re: RC: Public land use

There's a lot of entitlements Congress-people get, and their staff
doesn't even have the protection of labor law, unless that was
recently changed.

But I have to disagree with you about the parks, Lif.  In my view,
the Federal taxes we pay go for the establishmnt, existence and basic
maintenance of the parks.  Enhancements come from USER FEES--those
that use the parks and want things like day use areas at the
trailheads should pay for them!

I'm a user fee fan in general.  I pay significant user fees to drive
my one ton Dodge, for instance.

The parks are similar to schools, everybody pays a basic fee to have
something that benefits society as a whole.  Those that want more,
pay more.  Private school, horse campgrounds, seems the same to me.

Lynne