(no subject)

Ok, now I need help.  My 6 yr old Anglo-Arab has been doing LSD (about 10-15
miles 2-3 times a week plus an occasional dressage lesson) with occasional
faster work in preparation for her first LD, Prineville, next week.  We have
lots of hills where I ride with nice dirt trails and some rock.  I have
noticed for a while (month or two) that she rests one hind in preference to
the other whenever possible.  When I had her shoes done, we looked at the
hinds, and the foot she rests had a LOT more wear, particularly in the toe.
I should mention that she lost the other one about a week after the last
shoeing, and it was replaced two days later.  So there is some difference in
wear time, but it amounts to about 9 days out of 7 weeks.  She shows no
significant lameness (I can't see it and believe me, I've looked)  No short
striding, does not feel uneven under saddle.  There is no differential heat
or swelling in the two hinds.  She is a bit boggy in the ankles sometimes
after a lot of hill work.  She does however travel a little crooked, both on
the lunge and under saddle.  She tracks with the worn shoe/more rested leg
more centered under her (my dressage instructor has commented on this).
There is no significant difference in muscling in the quarters.  I had
observed the leg resting, thought maybe it was habit until I saw the big
difference in shoe wear.  I can't get her to the vet until Thursday, we're
supposed to leave Friday.  I've decided to do some real LSD this weekend with
no hills (not sure where, all my spots have lots of hills) since she doesn't
seem to be in pain.  (She would let me know, she DEMANDED a new saddle and
girth).  Of course the vet will be the final word IF he can see a problem.
He does a lot of work with racehorses, so he's pretty good with lameness, but
this is something really subtle.   But I'm reluctant to even ride her at this
point. Definitely don't want to take her on her first ride unless she is
absolutely 100% sound.

Things I am worried about are:  Stifle injury, muscle pull somewhere,
back/sacral/pelvic problem.  You guys are always so helpful, anybody had a
problem like this? What's your best advice?  I'd be especially interested in
opinions of some of our vets and Tom.  Thanks in advance everyone.  I hate to
miss this ride, never been to an Oregon ride, but horse comes first, and
besides I can always crew.  jeri