Re: RC: American River Ride - some perspective

fasterhorses@gilanet.com writes:

<< >Regarding the 11:30 raid with hands on gun holsters, remember this is an
 >urban area and the rangers are
 >probably most accustomed to dealing with drunken teenagers on Friday nights.

 I have to emphasize:  People in authority have no such excuses.  If they
 rely on excuses, they shouldn't be allowed to carry weapons.  Lives are at
 stake.    >>

OK, Lif here I go again. If my husband were to go knocking on somebody's car
at 11:00 at night I'd consider him a damned fool if he DIDN'T have his hand
on the butt of his gun AND have it ready for action.  That's just the wifely
policy.  I'm pretty sure that department POLICY demands that he have his hand
on his weapon at any time he approaches a strange car in uncertain
circumstances (let alone at 11:30 at night where the occupants are asleep and
may have been drinking).  COME ON!!!  Where does common sense factor into
this thing?

Sylvia