Re: RC: American River Ride - some perspective

Law enforcement cannot afford to approach any situation where there
there is even the potential of violence without the show of sufficient
force to prevent a violent confrontation. This is independent of where
it is or who is involved. If this rule is not followed someone will be
hurt.

This is a sad fact of life today, but it is a fact of life. The RM at
this ride knew the rules and they (for whatever reason) chose to ignore
the rules. You cannot blame the governmental officials involved for
doing their jobs. If there is any blame it is the RM of this ride.

If this ride is ever run again on these trails it will be because the
head ranger is a reasonable and forgiving person.

So if you want to ride this ride again, you should thank him/her for not
throwing off all the riders and canceling the ride. If you have a bitch
it is with the RM.

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt