race horse question, Tom

How do you get a base on a racehorse before you start interval training?
Aren't they usually only started about 6 months before their first start? For
an arab, at what age would you start the horse and how long before the first
start? I guess I wouldn't make any money breaking at 3, doing 2 years LSD and
then IT and the track at 5.

                                                     Shelly in DE