RE: Re: Burro (donkey) question?

<<You will be trying to teach it something
and think it is the stupidest thing on the earth.  It just wont catch on or
will seem to refuse to learn.  Take what it is willing to give you and
praise it and move on to something else.  Come back to it a little later.
When you go to teach it some more the next time, dont be too surprised if he
does it perfectly the first time out.  Donkeys and mules seem to have the
ability to ponder over what transpired during their training sessions.>>

I have an Arab gelding the same way.  I was working on turning on the
haunches and forehand and he just wouldn't get it.  I worked from the ground
and from his back and he just looked at me like I was stupid.  A week later,
I got on him and just for giggles, tried again.  He did both perfectly.  Of
course he's forgotten it all, if he doesn't get ridden regularly, it's like
starting from scratch for anything but the basics.   But he's the most
comfortable and fun horse to ride.

Marlene