Re: RC: American River ride

Howard4567@aol.com writes:

<<  But from what I've read it is
 in a beautiful area, and if not for the tactics of the Rangers, it would be
 great ride.  The question is, "Can you fight the National Park system?" >>

OK, I wasn't there (neither was Howard), I clearly don't have all the
details. BUT... this exact same thing happened at the ride last year.  Excuse
me,but why didn't Ride Management include these minor details in their entry
for THIS year?  I don't think we can heap blame on the Park System.  I'm sure
they were royally pissed off at being completely ignored and having their
rules flouted.  If anything, Ride Managers who do follow the rules and try to
abide by the regulations should be angry that a fellow RM allowed this type
of thing to happen.  THIS is how we lose rides in National Forest, State
Parks, County Parks, etc.  Its like going out on the trail and littering,
allowing your dog to run loose (ok, I do that sometimes), riding on trails
not designated for equestrians, etc.  Our trail systems are under the gun
here, if we aren't willing to follow and abide by the rules we WILL lose
them.   I'm getting really tired of hearing the Rangers bad mouthed (I'm sure
they weren't angels, but....)  I'm honestly not judging anyone, but I think
when we start jumping to conclusions and firing off e-mails to
State/National/Local official without all the details we look like fools.

Sylvia (asbestos at the ready)