RE: Outlaw Trail Ride

Hi Everyone,

I will be attending the Outlaw Trail Ride in Thermapolis, WY from Aug. 5-12th.  (This isn't the OTR Endurance Ride.)  I live in East Longmeadow, MA and am considering trailering my horse out there.  Does anyone know good places to stay overnight along the way?  I will be going out Interstate 80.  The first night I plan on staying somewhere in Ohio, the second night in Iowa, and the third night in Nebraska.

How long should I get there before the ride to get my mare acclimated to the higher elevation of approx. 5000ft?  Remember we are basically flatlanders here in Massachusetts.

Is there anyone going to this ride?  Is anyone bringing their own horse?  Would be willing to travel together, even pick up you and your horse on the way.

Any comments, thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Kerry Redente
East Longmeadow, MA