Re: RC: Re: Enforcement of Pull

In a message dated 5/1/00 6:51:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time, lindap@lcc.net
writes:

<< Maybe we could simply add another category?  NP (not presented) to cover
those foolish (IMO) riders who packed up and left without ever telling
management that they are leaving OR those (foolish) riders who tell
management they are pulling but refuse to have their equine checked. >>

After being reminded by Terre that there is already a rule that covers this,
I'd be more inclined to give the rider a gentle reminder that this is a rule
violation--if the horse is still in camp and the rider refuses, then I would
be a bit less than gentle!  Another issue here (and a few posters have
already mentioned it) is that it needs to be stated AT THE BRIEFING that
pulled horses need to be checked, even if the rider pulls for non-horse
related reasons.

Heidi