Re: RC: Re: [Enduranceriders] NEED HELP

How about making sure these representatives ARE out of contact first???
Modern communications makes this a pretty moot point. I don't recall there
being a residency requirement for directors at large. That's why they're
called Director's AT LARGE. Seems to me AERC MEMBERS competing in overseas
competitions would like to know their interests are being represented.
Weren't these directors present at the annual meeting?
Speaking of conflict of interest, how much money does the President of AERC
make on all the rides (21 days in '99!) he put on?  Might that not affect
his position on board decisions? Someone who accuses others of making "huge
sums" of money off this sport shouldn't mind revealing the extent of his own
vested interest.
And what really happened to our executive director?? At the Central Region
Convention Doyle Patrick indicated he would stay as director.  According to
the minutes of the annual meeting the board voted to extend his contract.
The membership deserves to know, why the sudden change of heart?  What
behind the scenes shenanigans went on here Mr. President??
Nancy & Monte Mitts