Re: RC: Re: Grass before a ride

Rides 2 Far wrote:

> >dry lot with hay as grass caused a horse's pulse not to drop as
> >quickly =>at a vet check
>
> Never heard *that* one.  If there's ever green grass at a vet check, I'm
> thrilled to let my horse graze during the check.  The only thing that I
> can imagine raising his pulse is the excitement of how good it is.

Me neither. If there is grass at a vet check, my horse will pass on
everything else to graze - which is just fine with me. In fact old Jordy
will try to put his head down on the trot outs and snach a mouth full of
grass. He's gotten pretty good at it and the head vet at the Pirate Run
said "that's what I like to see - trot and eat."

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt
Mystic “The Horse from Hell” Storm