Old Warriors Water Hunt - So. Calif.

Jonni jonnij@earthlink.net
I want to thank those brave riders that we did not scare off with our entry form for coming out to the Old Warriors Water Hunt 50 this weekend. This ride is a tough single loop ride, that takes you into some of the "backcountry" trails of the Angeles National Forest. It is rugged, rocky, and not for the timid horse or rider. I do not have the full results, but can tell you that Larry Bowers won the ride. Second place, and Best Condition went to Renne Bowers' horse that was being ridden by Suzy Kelley. We had quite a party after the ride, than involved a bit of "swimming" in pool. Wet T-Shirt contest anyone??? It was a great day, and we did not lose anyone in the mountains. Thanks again to the "Old Warriors" that took on the challenge. Sorry to see Gesa did not get to see the trail, but she made the right choice by not starting out. Good to see folks do still think about their equine first before anything else.
Jonni
<jonnij@earthlink.net>