Getting PUlled -- It's a Privacy Issue

 > Besides, what employer in >their >right mind would hire an >endurance
rider, sheeesh I need more time off >than >people do >that have kids.
You know, Karen had to go get a cat scan >today, >or she's getting her
shoulder set, stuff like that........

Well...mine would hire one. >g<  He felt that the position I was coming
into would be pretty tough since the last Art teacher had been a total
goof off who let them drink cokes (which he sold) and play cards 9 months
for an "A".  My principal leaned back in his chair, grinned, and said, "I
cannot imagine you quitting anything".  I think the fact that he knew I
ride a horse 100 miles helped me get the job.  He simply said, "You've
got 13 days, use them however you want."  I said, "Listen, I have no
marital problems, my kids are healthy, and I have no intention of getting
sick.  I'll only be taking off about 6 days a year for rides.  Two weeks
ago I did take a Friday off to make a deadline for an article I was
writing for the Chronicle of the Horse (since I'd only taken 3 days this
school year anyway).  When I came to work Monday morning the principal
stuck his head out of the office with a big smile and said, "Did you
win?" :-)

Angie