Re: RC: Getting PUlled -- It's a Privacy Issue

At 12:32 PM 04/29/2000 -0400, you wrote:

>You weren't going to tell them that when you applied?  I sure told my
>principal at the school when I applied.  Getting off for the rides was a
>condition of employment.

ROFL.  When I got my current job, I was told that I had to work Fridays and
Saturdays.  Do you think I told them how many endurance rides I
do?   (heck, I don't even tell my husband how many rides I do -- the less
he thinks about it the better!!)  <g>

When you need a job, you can't always be picky.  You do what you gotta do.

Of course, now they pretty much let me take off whenever I need to, as long
as I get my work done.  But if I had told them about what I did in the
interview, I would not have been hired.  Besides, what employer in their
right mind would hire an endurance rider, sheeesh I need more time off than
people do that have kids.  You know, Karen had to go get a cat scan today,
or she's getting her shoulder set, stuff like that........