Re: RC: shoeing before a ride

At 11:02 AM 4/29/00 EDT, CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 4/28/00 9:22:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>dleblanc@mindspring.com writes:
>
><< >    do you HAVE to get a coggins test if you want to go from California
> >Oregon for a ride?  simple as that.....
> >okay...question 2....
>
> We do if we want to go from Washington to Oregon.  We had the option of
> getting a health certificate or a 'passport'.  It was the same cost for
> either one, but the passport is good for 6 mo, vs. 1 mo for the
> certificate.  Since our passport will get us into California, I'd expect it
> is the same for you as it is for us. >>

>Uh... You're confusing Coggins tests with health certificates here.

Well, that's because in order to get the certificate here, you have to have
the Coggins, so since you need the certificate to cross state lines, and to
get the certificate, you need the Coggins...

I probably didn't say it very well.  I'm even confusing myself 8-)

>In
>answer to Renee's question--YES, you need a Coggins test (AND a health
>certificate) to come to Oregon from California.  But Oregon and Washington
>have a reciprocal agreement regarding Coggins tests--you still need to
have a
>health certificate written, but you do NOT need a Coggins test to do so if
>you are ONLY travelling between those two states.

This is assuming your Coggins is current.

>Even on the "passport"
>type health certificate--if OR and WA are the only two states of travel, the
>Coggins is not necessary.

Unless you're out of date like we were - weirdest thing - in Georgia, EIA
is a real threat, and Coggins are good for a year.  Up here, it is really
rare, but Coggins are only good for 6 mo.  Go figure.  We thought we were
up to date, but they changed the rules on us...

David LeBlanc
dleblanc@mindspring.com