Re: RC: shoeing before a ride

In a message dated 4/28/00 9:22:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dleblanc@mindspring.com writes:

<< >    do you HAVE to get a coggins test if you want to go from California
 >Oregon for a ride?  simple as that.....
 >okay...question 2....

 We do if we want to go from Washington to Oregon.  We had the option of
 getting a health certificate or a 'passport'.  It was the same cost for
 either one, but the passport is good for 6 mo, vs. 1 mo for the
 certificate.  Since our passport will get us into California, I'd expect it
 is the same for you as it is for us. >>

Uh... You're confusing Coggins tests with health certificates here.  In
answer to Renee's question--YES, you need a Coggins test (AND a health
certificate) to come to Oregon from California.  But Oregon and Washington
have a reciprocal agreement regarding Coggins tests--you still need to have a
health certificate written, but you do NOT need a Coggins test to do so if
you are ONLY travelling between those two states.  Even on the "passport"
type health certificate--if OR and WA are the only two states of travel, the
Coggins is not necessary.

Heidi