Re: RC: Log Book...

In a message dated 4/28/00 11:20:39 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Kenzie_Kelly@spc.com writes:

<< How many riders keep their own
      version of this, writing down conditions of the trail, weather, and
      pull or completion info in a central source? >>

Kenzie;

I keep all my training rides in a daytimer.  I include trail conditions,
mileage, time, heat & humidity, of course which horse I rode and a few notes,
i.e., "he was a butthead", etc. ;-))  This stays in my tackroom. (The best
time to record data, is over a glass of wine, while the horses dine!)

As for rides, I keep my card, put it into a "plastic sheet keeper" that fits
into a 3 ring binder.  I also insert the ride info sheet, make a copy of my
typewritten ride entry form. Each ride is separated by an index, all of this
kept in a zippered 3 ring binder, into which also goes my AERC rider and
horse info, copy of Coggins, copy of registration papers.  After completing a
ride 2x I take the first one out, file away for further study later.  "The
Book" stays in my tack room in my trailer.  Call me AR, but I pour over my
old cards, re-live the ride a hundred times and extract every bit of useful
info I can!

Jackie Baker
Florida