Reaction to Mt. Lion

Dbeverly4@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 4/28/00 8:32:52 AM Pacific Daylight Time, sgrahl@flash.net
writes:

<< My personal experience with horses reaction to mt. lions is no reaction.

Probably like everything else, depends on the horse. I had one horse that I was riding during bear season. Hunters had just shot a bear which we had to ride by on a very narrow trail. My horse didn't even flinch. Had another horse that I was riding in an arena. Every time a worker from the Wildlife Safari even came into the building straight from work my horse just about turned inside out from the cat smell on the fellow's clothes. Knew he was going to be eaten alive. Made for an interesting ride!                              Also, came home one day to find a cougar lying at the edge of the yard intently watching my old shetland. When I showed up he left rapidly. None of the horses had even paid attention to him. Guess they weren't taking him very seriously. Don't seem to notice the bears that ramble around here either. Still wouldn't want to meet one in person on our trails.                      carol