Re: RC: leg wraps

><<  I wrap, because I've always used the logic of; "What if you do, or
>what >if you don't."  If you do, and the horse didn't need it, well, it
sure >won't >hurt.

Wanna bet? >g< When I was a teenager my best friend had a nice Quarter
Horse that she barrel raced.  He cut his leg and she decided to put a
wrap on it...she used ELASTIC, probably had nothing under it.  Nice and
tight to look neat.  The next day the horse's leg was almost ruined.  The
vet said the circulation had been cut off too long and he was a lost
cause.  Her dad ended up alternately soaking the leg in extremely hot
water for 3 min. and ice water for 3 min.  The circulation came back, the
horse was saved, but after a big show with lots of running, only that leg
stocked up.  I've been totally paranoid about wrapping ever since.  I do
it if necessary, but I am very careful.

Angie

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.