Breeding Horses for Endurance

Wendy Merendini merendiniws@navair.navy.mil
I am a bit behind in Ridecamp, please forgive my late
comments :-).

I have been reading Ridecamp for a few years now and this
breeding topic has come up many times.  The discussion on
who are the best Endurance sires, endurance riders are
cheap, poor breeders, etc.  In all the times one stallion
has been ignored - Sierra Fadwah+/!  IMO Fadwah has
produced some of the BEST horses to hit the trail.  I have
yet to know of a Fadwah offspring that was not a solid
100 mile horse (50s of course too).  The mind that he puts
on his babies is outstanding, they love to go down the
trail, they are sensible, kind and very athletic.  My
Flikka could just as easily excell as a top dressage horse,
as a hunter/jumpers or in Eventing.  She is not unique
she has many brothers and sisters who a just as talented!

Jackie gets what you breeders out there call a "fair price"
for her horses.  And the reason why is that she has BUILT
a solid reputation with Fadwah and with his offspring as
good to great endurance horses.  Most folks that I know cannot
have just one Fadwah horse they are just too great!  I myself
bought a two year old filly this year sired by Fadwah and
she is awesome!  She was out on pasture most of her life until
 I bought her and she is so sweet and kind and willing.

As for Cash, yes Val got him on the cheap and yes he is put
together nicely, but it was the TRAINING that Val and Danielle
 and Larry did with him that made him a World Champion.  A
great horse just does not "happen" they are MADE!  With lots and
lots of very hard work, time and committment.

Enough said for now, I will probably regret this in the
morning....

Wendy Merendini