Re: RC: Ancestry Correction!

Hi Kerry
*Aladdinn was known for producing beauty---had many many halter-winning
offspring and they did NOT necessarily have bad conformation. I had an
*Aladdinn son out of one of *Bask's best daughters, Enchanting Fire, and
he was very correct, although small and that is why I gelded him-- did
not fit into my breeding program but was one of our favorite riding
horses--- and such a character!).
On the Russian side, *Ptersk was was imported from Russia and a Class A
Champion in the US as well as sire of champions and stakes winners such
as Fast Ptrack, who set a record at Los Alamitos. *Ptersk was by Nabeg
(an Arax son who was chief sire at the Tersk stud and who was known for
producing substance of bone (Arax was imported from Poland), and out of
*Pristan who was a race winner in Russia (by *Aswan and out of Palmira
who is known to be at the tail end of many race winner pedigrees). BTW,
Nabeg was out of Nomanklatura who was the daughter of Mammona-- the
filly who had followed her dam all the 1000 mi. trek from Poland to
Russia when Hitler invaded Poland. Some endurance foundation dam, huh?
Nabeg also produced *Nariadni (imported by Kale), *Pesniar, and *Menes.
Looks like we thought enough of all these guys to purchase and import
them to the US. Tom Sites can give you more info on *Menes, as I believe
it was his friend who stood him. *Pesniar stood at Lasma back in the
days of the million dollar Arabians. I have two *Pesniar granddaughters
and they are awesome producers. One produced WOA Don Juan by Halynov who
is in the top 4 Regional AERC heavyweight division. I stood a three time
Scottsdale Top 10 (a record) and US Futurity Colt Top 10 son of Ptersk--
Explodent. One of the most beautiful stallions with the most expressive
eyes I have ever seen. You can see him at
http://www.stormnet.com/~woa/Explodent.htm
*Magnat was a track recordsetter in Russia and sire of a Polish Derby
Winner. His sire Aswan was sire of many derby and race winners (and in
Ptersk's pedigree above); his dam, Monopolia, was a Priboj daughter
(Priboj is legendary for producing athletic ability and is a foundation
race sire) and out of Mammona (mentioned above). I have a *Magnat
daughter (Magnita Mia) who is one of my best crosses with my Russian
stallion Halynov. Extreme hock action in both the mare and foals, not to
mention producing my halter-winning Mamma Mia. Linda Hedgpeth will be
campaigning her 15.2 son Magnifico in endurance next year. I guess we'll
see soon how *Magnat bloodlines do in endurance.
Soooooo, Kerry, you probably have more race-winning blood in your
horse's pedigree than many, if not most, of those on ridecamp. Don't
forget, as much criticism as I've heard of *Bask lately, he ran 40 races
in 4 years in Poland and won 8, came in second in 7 and 3rd in 7; not
too shabby for a US National Champion Stallion , US Champion Park Horse,
and sire of stakes winner Bay Replica. My mare Wiennaa, out of Port
Bask, and my Mare Classica (by First Class- by *Bask) and Classie Dame,
her daughter, all produce tremendous size and athletic ability. (Boy did
you ever push my buttons, huh?) NO ALPO HERE!!!
Bette

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of TLA Halynov