For NC or SC Ridecampers

I will be traveling from Va down to Clemson for the Southeastern Equestrian
Trails Conference on May 6 and returning on May 13.  My plan is to take Rt.
29 into the Greensboro area then jump on I-85. I'm a little concerned about
making the long haul (with horse) by myself and just wondered if any of you
knew of any good stopping spots if Lella and I need to rest or unload for a
while.  Having watched a friend's horse tie up after a long haul this past
weekend I guess I'm feeling a little over cautious.  Anyway, its always nice
to have a backup plan in an unfamiliar area. I'm sure there must be some
showgrounds or something along the way.  Any other suggestions about this
route are appreciated.

Sally Aungier
Va