Ancestry Correction!

Okay now that I put my foot in it I actually looked at Spiritism's
registration and have to correct myself (that's what happens when you speak
from memory and Altzheimers has already set in).  His sire's side all
dead-ends with *Aladdinn (grampa) or *Bask (great-grampa), but his dams side
is all Russian - *Ptersk (grampa) and *Magnat (great-grampa).  So does THAT
mean I can call the Alpo man off?

Seriously, since I know NOTHING about pedigrees and performance
characteristics of certain lines, is there a  book or literature out there
that deals specifically with this subject?

Thanks!

Kerry