Re: RC: breeding for endurance

At 12:22 PM 04/23/2000 -0700, you wrote:

>Edie Booth desertbred@USA.net
>What really cracks me up lately is people spending megabucks on their
>living quarters and trailer outfits, and they basically still ride ( and
>take pride in) their `special deal` horse.  Some of these special deal
>horses (or `rescues`) are ok for the sport, even though they may require
>tons more conditioning than the more genetically capable animals, but
>others are still
>just what they were when they were saved--- one step away from the Alpo can.

Hay there!  Rocky (aka Alpo) takes offense <vbg>.  He was one step (well
actually, one gas tank) away from being hauled to the slaughterhouse, when
I said I'd take him.  (and no, I didn't want him at the time)

But I do take pride in him, and think he's just super special, and totally
irreplaceable even if he was given to me.

Happy Trails,

Karen
in NV
& Rocky, 2,515 miles