Fwd: RC: Breeding:

In a message dated 4/22/00 4:02:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
fasterhorses@gilanet.com writes:

<< My last question is:  Why in the world
 should a "used" horse, one presumably with more training, more experience,
 cost less?  The young, inexperienced horse is like the raw materials.  The
 finished product should cost *more* - but not with horses apparently. >>
Good, Lif! That's liek paying MORe for a build it yourself truck!:)
san(who builds ALL ehr own furniture)

---- Begin included message ----
At 05:33 PM 4/22/00 -0500, Pat wrote:<br>
saying here. I don't own a brand new home ($100,for more) because I can't
afford one----but I can afford to buy a older but in good shape
one($50,000). Does that mean I can't or should not buy a home at all. I
also cannot afford&nbsp; to buy a brand spanking new car but I can afford
to buy a fairly well kept used one(same with the truck and
trailer).</blockquote><br>
So if no one ever wants to pay for a brand new truck or home, then the
manufacturers won't make any more, there won't be any used ones to buy at
the lower prices, and there won't be any affordable ones for those that
can't buy the new ones, right?&nbsp; Simple economics, and that's OK with
me.&nbsp; <br>
HOWEVER, what also has been said in this list is that people don't think
anyone needs to breed for endurance, because showring/track/whatever
culls will do just fine.&nbsp; So I further ask, if everyone wanted
family cars but no one wanted to pay for brand new ones, and the
manufacturers stopped making them, would everyone be really happy driving
Mac trucks to the grocery store?&nbsp; <br>
OK, forget that question even.&nbsp; My last question is:&nbsp; Why in
the world should a &quot;used&quot; horse, one presumably with more
training, more experience, cost less?&nbsp; The young, inexperienced
horse is like the raw materials.&nbsp; The finished product should cost
*more* - but not with horses apparently.&nbsp; It makes no sense.&nbsp;
No wonder so many people involved with horses are broke.&nbsp; Lif<br>

your life<br>
Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art<br>
Blue-Green Algae &amp; other complementary health options <br>
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding <br>
---- End included message ----