Re: RC: RC: RE: 'cheap' horses in endurance / no $ in owning astallion

Hi Janice
So you're the one who raced Fire! Congrats on having such a fine horse!
Also, there seems to be a misunderstanding with some (not you). Arabians
are not raced until they are 3---unlike TB's; however, some of the types
like the Russians still do not have the physical maturity even then. Bev
Scott and myself stopped nominating our offspring foe Futurities like
Daughters of the Desert and Drinkers of the Wind because they were races
for 3 year olds and ours were not yet mature enough. Some of the Crabbet
and Polish were--- different growth patterns. There was a strong
movement though to change those races to 4 year old ones. Never happened
and that is too bad. That's where you endurance riders are so much
smarter than flat race owners--- you know the value of more maturity and
set higher age limits to start serious distances.
Bette

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of TLA Halynov