RC: RE: 'cheap' horses in endurance / no $ in owning a stallion

>You are not talking about Thoroughbreds I suppose, if you're saying "many"

go on to endurance, unless you've got a lot of TB endurance horses in the
SE.  Curious to know which world champion endurance horses were race track
culls.  Thanks, Lif<

He may or may not be talking about High Winds Jedi.
 I and some 'lucky' friends formed a corp. and raced him for a couple of
years.  Nearly broke us all.<g>  Did lots of seconds by a nose, thirds,
fourths, etc. until he finally won a 5 furlong race setting a track record
at 1:12.2 at Bluegrass Downs. He won some money, but not enough to even
cover expenses.
  Then we brought him home, stitched up our pocket books and put him on the
trail.

If I were serious about finding an endurance horse that had good
confirmation, good work ethic, the track is where I would go.  If you can
find a good one without damage, and have had good care (most are well cared
for) he would be a contender at the highest levels. He may not be fast
enough on the flat track racing, but he will definitely know 'how' to
run...

Jan