Re: RC: Fwd: RC: KILLER HORSES

In a message dated 04/22/2000 9:00:46 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
SandyDSA@aol.com writes:

<< consider that if
 the purchase price is out of range, then the UPKEEP will break you.  >>

I understand what you're saying.....but (there's always a but, right?)
this doesn't really apply to me.  And, if there was a big unexpected vet
bill, my mom would defenetely be able to help me....I don't really agree with
you when you say this.  Because I make enough money to keep a horse, I just
hadn't saved enough money to buy a $2500 horse.  It took me quite some time
to save $1500.
While my mare isn't kept in some beautiful pasture with a great big stall to
keep her warm when it rains, she's happy.....she has a nice place to be, she
can run around and she's got a blanket.
The guy who sold her to me knew she was worth more.  But I like to think that
he wanted me to have her.  So, he made it work.  You're right, he probably
did sell her dirt cheap.  That just means I need to get off the computer and
go thank him....again.
We have a special deal worked out.  I see him everyday....he sees my horse
almost everyday.  This is only because I'm his assistant when he works, his
riding buddy when he doesn't work, and his stall cleaner when I owe him
time(which is all the time) And I think seeing her getting more and more
fit...and me with a big smile on my face....knowing he did a good
thing.....is more important than fattening his wallet.
Renee