Re: RC: RC: Was: KARAHTY-STAY OUT OF HIS WAY! Now: Stallion management

Hi Maryanne
American stallions don't have to be idiots. When Hal was at a show, he
was ALL business---he is VERY competitive. A mare could be squatting
right in front of him and he would go around her. We were a little
nervous at Scottsdale when my then 14 year old daughter was riding him
and a horse went berserk in the class, bucking etc. we held our breaths
as Hal just stood there on the side, looking disgusted and waiting for
someone to catch the idiot gelding so he could get on with it. There are
other stallions who are great in performance classes as well. We
Americans get our bad rap from halter classes where it seems that the
most hyped up stallion usually won--- we're hoping that is changing with
the new non-whip rules etc.
I agree, it is all in the handling and most people should not own
stallions (only us masochistic, a little crazy ones<BG>)
Bette
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of TLA Halynov
http://www.stormnet.com/~woa
I've learned that life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer it
gets to the end, the faster it goes. Smell the roses!