Fwd: RC: Re: KARAHTY-STAY OUT OF HIS WAY!

In a message dated 4/21/00 7:50:20 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
wind@visionsofthewind.com writes:

<< I am currently working with a 4 year old Karahty son. This boy stands over
 16 hands and is one of the sweetest, kindest horses that I have ever met! He
 wants desperately to please his handler/rider and does not have a mean bone
 in his body. Please do not blame the horse for the way they are handled! My
 stallion was a major snot when I bought him, but I now ride him in rides in
 a sidepull, and most folks don't even know that he's a stallion!

This statement certainly lends credence to the notion that the mare may play
a much more significant role in the making of temperament (SURPRISE!),
whether it be due to nature or nurture. In addition, it casts a shadow on the
quality of management of those who ARE obnoxious snots (I have only met 3 of
his get and ALL were obnoxious snots who would NEVER live in our tent), and
leaves one to wonder how much of it is inante and how much is created. I
personally won't guess or gamble, choosing rather to both buy and breed
horses of excellent deportment and tmperament. I wouldn't want to be laden
with pulls and DNFs because I own a bad actor - or actress - and personally
will always choose a perhaps lesser 'athlete' in favor of a good athlete with
exceptional disposition. Works with people as well! I don't know Kharaty - I
only have met some of his get. By the same token, I DID meet Simeon Shai as
well as half a dozen of his many, MANY get - and Shai as well as nearly all
of his get (sucklings to 2 year olds) were snappish, ear-pinning snots.
YIKES! In any case, a line that becomes notorious for disposition problems of
any kind shouldn't be blithely propagated. Attention shoudl be paid to what
is being poduced. Could be the management - or lack therof - which is a whle
OTHER problem - innept ownership!
san

---- Begin included message ----
>TERRY HODD THODD@HOTMAIL.COM
>KERI,
>I'VE SEEN THIS TEAM ON THE TRAIL ALSO.  ALWAYS MADE A POINT TO STAY OUT OF
THE WAY--EVEN IN CAMP!!  MOSTLY OUT OF CONTROL & DANGEROUS TO BE AROUND.  I
DON'T KNOW WHY RMs CONTINUED TO ALLOW SUCH AN UNRULY STALLION AT THEIR
RIDES.  THIS GOES FOR HIS SONS ALSO.  WAS ANYONE AT THE RIDE WHERE AMADEUS
GOT LOSE & RAPED A MARE AFTER KNOCKING THE OWNER UNCONCIOUS?
>TERRY

I am currently working with a 4 year old Karahty son. This boy stands over
16 hands and is one of the sweetest, kindest horses that I have ever met! He
wants desperately to please his handler/rider and does not have a mean bone
in his body. Please do not blame the horse for the way they are handled! My
stallion was a major snot when I bought him, but I now ride him in rides in
a sidepull, and most folks don't even know that he's a stallion!

Steph McCray
http://www.visionsofthewind.com/vic.htm
~ ___/>
  //  \\