best conditioned

Tammy said:  "If they ride a good ride and win BC and take care of the
horse then, I would let them keep the award."

Which brings up an interesting point--how much of a winning "BC
performance" is due to prior conditioning, and how is due to the skill of
the rider/crew on that particular ride day?

I was gratified to be able to answer promptly.   I said I don't know.
- Mark Twain