Fwd: ridecamp-d Digest V00 #610

---- Begin included message ----
In a message dated 4/18/00 6:12:22 PM PST, ridecamp-d-request@endurance.net
writes:

> So I'm going to stick with Jeffers equine from now on for supplies. By the
> way, the thing I ordered that looked great in the Dover catalog, but isn't,
> was called the INTERNATIONAL AIR-LITE helmet. Here's why it sucks: there is
> NO way to adjust where the snap assembly sits. It is designed so it sits
> right at your adam's

Well, you can't blame Dover on that. They just sell the stuff, they don't
make it. And no catalog company worth it's business is going to display a bad
picture of what it's selling.
As someone else said, everyone makes mistakes...State Line Tack shafted me on
a horse blanket, and it was put on my horse (and immediately rolled on )
before I got a chance to realize it was the $65 one, not the $120 one I had
ordered. So I'm stuck with it, and screwed out of over 80 bucks. No, I can't
afford mistakes like that, but...........mistakes happen. In fact, if you
want to get really sticky, I don't like ordering from Jeffer's because they
don't accept orders under a certain amount of money. Another one, Something
Equine, I can't remember, want you to use a credit card..if you write a
check, they want your driver's license number! I'm sorry, but any company
that refuses to trust my check doesn't get my business anymore.  And don't be
fooled, no matter what you ask, they ALL sell your name and address to a
million other junk mail companies.
So you shop judiciously. Personally, I would never buy a pair of boots,
clothing , or a helmet out of a catalog, because sizes (especially in women's
clothing) change with every manufacturer. I'm sure you have experienced
this....a pair of pants that say they are size 12 and fit you, may fit you
and the next company says the same pair of pants is a size 14. I buy tack, I
buy equipment, books, etc through the mail. I buy clothing off the rack,
hats, shoes, etc.

Michelle
Jordan (so what, mom, I didn't want to wear a blanket ANYWAY.)
---- End included message ----