Re: Yearling help

> I'm sorry folks, I don't get it, this is an 18 month old BABY.

Quiet respect is a concept youngsters have in a herd environment at that
age.  They can have it for their humans, too.  Especially with simple
lessons like leading and standing to be groomed and having their hooves
handled.

Sure was nice yesterday when our coming 2 Y.O. recognized his halter after 6
months of being a "wild" horse and stuck his nose into it and lead quietly 1
mile home. :-)  After 30 days of leading, grooming, and handling he goes
back to the big pasture until fall...  When he tried to bite and kick last
year, he was NOT treated like a baby.  He became a pleasure to work with and
safe without becoming afraid or broken down.

I sympathize with the person who has a horse that is broken down from too
much too soon.

m (aka Michelle Rowe), CO
http://www.redwrench.com
p.s. I'm finally using my married name of Fink. :-)