Yearling help

I had the same problem with my Mare walking ahead of me, on me,
etc....showing disrespect.  She has had a ton of John Lyons round-penning, 3
months of dressage training and still showed disrespect (if you were'nt
constantly on her case).  A friend of mine just last week showed me some Pat
Parelli techniques for hand walking and keeping them "out of my space" that
gave  immediate improvement.
If I've learned anything in the last 2 yrs with this young horse it would be
"There are a zillion methods to get from point A ----to------point B.
Exploring different training methods & being flexible is necessary as well as
being consistent in my expectations......somewhat of a paradox!  I LOVE IT!
BON