RE: palominos and saddle fit

1. My guy is grey.  He is back being an ugly grey due to the rains this last
week!  Grey horses seem to roll more it seems - just to spite us!  (I really
don't think that's the case - the dirt just seems to cling more on him than
on my chestnut mare.)  Always wanted a palomino, and no matter how many
mudbaths Beau takes, he doesn't turn into one!

2. I went thru the same saddlefit woes you are going thru right now and it's
not fun is it!  I went thru 4 different saddles last year.  My fat boy
started to get skinny and developed a dip behind the wither and nothing off
the rack seemed to fit him.  I vote for the ReactorPanel saddle.  I bought
one a month ago and the more I ride in it, the more I like it.  It is
immediately comfortable and shock absorbing for both your horse and you.
My friends who are really into equine bodywork were aghast that I would
spend this kind of money and not buy an SR Enduro or an Andy Foster.  But
for the same reason that you indicated - extreme body  shape change - I
stuck to my guns and got this new on the market saddle.  Carmi, the
distributor is a wonderful person and real supportive.  Besides being
comfortable for my horse, it puts me in a more centered position and I am
riding a lot more balanced than I used to ride.  This is the Endurance
model.  I tried the all-purpose model and didn't like the stirrup bar
location, but there are a couple of endurance riders that I have e-mailed
for references that really like the all-purpose model.  (Eh, Trumann?)

Kathy