palominos and saddle fit

This is a two part post.  I bathed Alpine today, and did you all know that he
really is a palomino?????  I was beginning to wonder, thinking perhaps I had
a dull dun color or perhaps an ugly grey.  (as opposed to pretty greys).
Best of all, when I hosed off his feet I FOUND TWO WHITE SOCKS!!!!!
WOW!!!!!!  I had forgotten they were there!

Obviously this was his first bath since winter...he's so clean and pretty now
I'm afraid to untie him from the trailer since I know he will roll.  :(

Part two: Saddle fit.  After a three month search, several test rides, three
people scrutinizing, etc, etc, I recently became the proud owner of a Crosby
Prix St. George Dressage Saddle.  It's beautiful, fits me like a glove,
leaves no dry spots on Alpine, is in excellent condition, and I got it for a
great price.  Sounds great doesn't it.  Unfortunatly, after riding the hills
on Saturday, I noticed my boy was a bit touchy on the back.  uh oh!  Maybe I
need to ride with the gel pad.  So, out I go today, gel pad in place, saddle
on.  My horse before hand wasn't sore on the back area.  Got on.  Immediatly
had a high headed, hollow backed horse.  Darn!!!!!!!!!  So, after much
whining and pouting, I have come to the conclusion I need a different saddle.
 Sigh.....

I don't understand it.  It fit for about a month, what happened?????

Anyway, I  am thinking of buying either a treeless or an adjustable tree.
Perhaps an orthoflex or a reactor panel.  Opinions???  Anyone want a good
dressage saddle?  I would buy a custom, but his back will change as he gets
fit, and I'm not willing to spend that much money on a saddle that I can only
use for a short time.   AGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Juli (DarnDarnDarnDarn)
Alpine (Ouchie Ouchie Ouchie.....can we play bareback today mom???)