Riverman

<<I've recently twigged that my endurance mare is grand-daughter of
US-bred racing horse Riverman and I've tried, without success, to find a
photo and/or some more info about him.  Do any of you know of a useful
web-site or other source of info?>>

Well, it appears that Riverman is deceased. He is no longer listed on
the stallion roster at Gainesway Farm, where he stood at stud for many
years, or on the Stallion Register page at The Blood-Horse.com.

Riverman was foaled in 1969 and raced at 2 and 3 in France and England,
earning about $250,000. He was America's co-leading sire of stakes
winners in 1987. He was a dark bay or brown horse standing 15.3, with
lovely conformation. Among his many champion offspring was his daughter
Triptych, known as Europe's "Iron Lady" and earner of $2 million.

He was a son of Never Bend, by Nasrullah by Nearco, and out of River
Lady, by Prince John by Princequillo. Very classic Thoroughbred breeding.

I have a photo of Riverman...perhaps I can deliver it in person, say in
August? :)

Bobbie in Calif. (who hung on to a few stallion directories)