Re: RC: Angie at Million Pines

At 03:25 AM 4/14/00 EDT, Tivers@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 4/13/00 11:46:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>dleblanc@mindspring.com writes:

><< >He IS asking something else: "Will you be further entertained, and love
>my
> >stories,  if I keep trashing Angie?" Clearly, many in this group will.

> And it seems many would not.  Joking aside, I find public personal attacks
> objectionable.  If it were purely fiction, then it would provide some
> conflict, but since it is not, it is plainly rude.

>Actually, both of our statements are personal attacks on Howard.

I don't mean that comment to imply that Howard is a bad person, just that I
don't think that this forum is the appropriate place for him to discuss his
personal feelings and conflicts with respect to Angie, particularly
considering that she and many other people peripherally involved also read
the list.

From a writer's standpoint, I don't feel like that conflict really adds
much of value to the stories - the style of his writing is the real strong
point.

>Prudence
>tells me to just let it go at this point,

Heh.  <g>

I'll drop it here - don't have much more to say on the topic.  Howard will
do whatever he likes - he's got our $0.02 a couple of times over.

David LeBlanc
dleblanc@mindspring.com