Re: borium shoes

Ranger gets shod with Borium shoes, and rim snow pads.  This spring after the snow all melted and the roads dried up he overreached and knocked one front off.  The Farrier and I attribute that to the greater traction changing the timing.  I personally don't like to use the borium after the ice is gone as the rear shoes don't slide as much as they should, and there is a possibility of twisting injuries.

This year the farrier used relatively large borium, I don't like it as well as the smaller he used in the past.  Next year I'm going to ask him to go back to the smaller.

Ed and Wendy Hauser
1140 37th St.
Hudson, WI 54016
sisufarm@mmmpcc.org