Re: RC: saddle pads

I have a Synergist and have used the woolback barrel pad. The saddle slipped
a lot when mounting with that pad and I also didn't like the thick feeling
(it is single thickness) I had always loved the pad with other saddles, but
not with my Synergist. I had Toklat make me a pad using the barrel pad
pattern but with a cotton quilted underside and a codura type top side. On
the underside I had a pocket put on so that I could insert the large Equigel
cushion pad and it is the very best pad I have ever used. Since the Synergist
saddle fits him so well, a thick pad is unnecessary. The Equigel pad gives
just the right amount of cushion... sort of like putting gel inserts into
your favorite hiking boots.