Re: RC: Re: borium shoes

Thanks everyone for answering! The reason that I asked is because I have been riding my stallion all winter in borium shoes. The borium is at the toes and the heels of his shoes and is a very thick, pointy layer. We've been riding a combination of icy, snowy trails, and soft dirt roads, so this has worked well for us until now. This past weekend we went to a ride that was down on the flats and completely along hard-packed dirt roads. We were pulled after the first 16 miles for a grade 2 lameness on his left front and a sore back. He is conditioned for a 100 mile ride and he has never been lame a single day in the whole 5+ years that I've owned him... :-( When I had the vet check him yesterday, he couldn't find anything wrong with either his back or his legs. The vet felt that the back soreness may have been from him stiffening up because of the concussion he was experiencing on the hard-packed dirt roads of the ride. <shrug> I guess it is just time to pull the borium shoes and go back to regular ones! :-)

Steph McCray