LD potpourri?

I'd hate to be a ride manager and deal with any more ride categories than
they already do!  Maybe we need a separate LD kiddie-garten where you can
add increments of five miles for extra credit.  It would educate us
painlessly so we'd feel right at home at the sanctioned events.  Sounds like
a project for a riding club whose members include an endurance savvy
veterinarian--just do practice rides away from the real events.  I'd love
it...but I have trouble scaring up even ONE ride buddy in my backwoods
establishment, much less a vet.  I'll travel up to 100 miles or so to find
such company, however;  might even make one event a month depending on
scheduling.  Y'all let me know if anything of the sort is in the works!
(BTW, OD had some fine training rides back in March, and I couldn't make
either one of them (five hours away, for one thing, requiring an overnight)
but that's right on target for the needs.

Sally in Floyd, VA